Friday, March 10, 2023

Storyboard

     Hey, this somewhat acts like a second update post but instead of just being general it will have a large focus on the storyboard, which I promised last time. Due to the aforementioned personal issue discussed in the latest post, and another issue involving me getting sick at the beginning of the week, I don't have a physical copy of the storyboard yet. I will post it next time, but I will detail the full story here. Before that, I do want to mention some issues with the initial story that I wanted to remedy here.

    I got rid of the man having flashbacks with his kids, and replaced it with flashbacks of him enjoying himself in several activities. This is for two main reasons. First, I took into consideration that my siblings would most likely not follow my directions, because they're 6 and 8 years old. Not only would they not listen, but the actor of the main character would most likely be one of my friends, and having them act as if they were family would be extremely weird. This also leads into my second reason. By not having kids, we can have a reason for the main character appearing young. Thinking back, it would have made no sense for someone who looks so young to have kids. As a result, I'm happy I waited on posting the storyboard, especially with issues as big as these. 

    Anyways, here's the full story including everything except for the types of shots and drawings:

    The screen starts off black for a few seconds, and the only things you can hear are the general noises of a hospital waiting room, (doors opening and closing, people talking, quiet machine noises, etc.) and the overarching sound of a heartbeat, going at normal speed. Eventually, the camera focuses on the protagonist, a fairly average young adult, who is looking down and appears very stressed. The heartbeat slowly starts speeding up and the diegetic sounds get quieter. Zero two's theme also starts playing at this point on acoustic guitar. (See Music Part 4 for more details on song)

    This is the start of the next phase. Eventually, flashbacks of the protagonist enjoying himself with his friends and family start to appear. When these flashbacks occur, the acoustic guitar switches to piano. This happens several times, and every time a flashback ends you get another view of the protagonist, appearing more stressed after every flashback During this entire process, the heartbeat sound is getting faster and louder, with the diegetic sounds slowly disappearing. 

    All the tension builds up until the camera focuses on an opening door and the music completely stops. Only diegetic sound and the heartbeat are heard. Emerging from the door is a doctor who looks at his clipboards, hesitates to speak for a second, and then says, "I'm sorry." The main character reluctantly asks why. The doctor then says, "you've been diagnosed with cancer." The heartbeat sound would then stop. A black screen would appear and the title of the movie would follow. Then, some dialogue would be heard, but how much depends on the time limit of the project.

One shot of the man would be something similar to this, but from a different angle


    Filming starts next week and should be finished in less than two weeks. Some of my friends confirmed already and are ready to begin whenever I call, so the basic preparations are complete.

    Once again, I apologize for the lack of a visual, but what happened two weeks ago has legitimately affected me every day since it happened. It will be in tomorrow's post, however that post won't focus on the storyboard.

    I hope you all enjoyed the story of my production! It's not too comfortable of a topic, but the goal is not to be comfortable. I want people to get a feel of what it's like to deal with a cancer diagnosis. Thank you for reading and farewell! I hope to see you all next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

      Hello for the final time! Here are the creative critical reflection submissions, as well as the scripts for both of them. CCR1 Script:...