Sunday, March 5, 2023

General Update

     Hello! I'm sorry to keep people waiting on the storyboard, however something personal came up and I was unable to complete the sketches. In compensation, I will talk about progress I made within several aspects of the project. 

    After deciding on the song for the movie introduction, (Zero-Two Kirby theme) the main goal became to learn how to play the song. I was able to obtain the chords for the song on the application known as Chordify, which contains the chords for a large variety of songs, getting updated daily. I've practiced and so far I'm doing decently well, with the main issue being my speed. The good thing is I don't have to improve too much on my speed, as I intend to have it go slow and increase until the end, so only part of the song will go fast. Next, I need to find the main melody of the song and then I'll be done with the music.


       Another thing that I have done is successfully scouted a location to film the introduction. Obviously a hospital would be impractical due to the amount of people that urgently need to be there. We would be negatively impacting them, and conversely, they might disrupt us in the middle of our recordings. Taking this into account, I decided that I should film in my aunt's house. This is because it has white walls, similar to most doctor's offices, and is not too far from my house, so I could easily being any equipment needed over there. By adding some mice-en-scene elements, I could make the house appear very similar to a medical facility. As a result, I will film in my aunt's house.

    Furthermore, I have obtained the clothing and props for the movie introduction. I won't elaborate too much, as these would belong in my mice-en-scene and character design posts, but I do want to include a brief summary regarding them. All of the props are authentic and mine, so I can do whatever I wish with them. Continuing, I am allowed to use my dad's medical attire, which also really helps convey that the movie is taking place in a medical setting.
    
    I greatly apologize for not having the storyboard, but I was not counting on something so important happening out of nowhere. Thinking positively, I suppose I did get a taste of reality, and in the future I can't count count on getting things done on the day it's due. Expect to see future posts put out earlier in the weeks to come. Farewell, and I hope to see you next time, where I GUARANTEE that the storyboard will be posted and discussed.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

      Hello for the final time! Here are the creative critical reflection submissions, as well as the scripts for both of them. CCR1 Script:...