Friday, March 24, 2023

First Day Filming (Featuring a Bunch of Problems)

     Hello! I recently started the filming of our introduction. Unfortunately there were many issues, but we were able to fix all of them relatively easily.

    As I predicted, there was an issue with one of the actors. Dillon got sick and was not able to appear at the filming. He notified me in advance though, so I was quickly able to change roles. Sergio, although having little experience with acting, now plays the main character of the film. The final product may not be as good without Dillon and his knowledge in film, but I can make it work. This left the issue of no longer having a cameraman.

    As a result, I asked around and found another friend to take up the mantle. He goes by the name of Mateo Mendoza Garcia. He is currently in a film class within Cypress Bay and thus has a moderate knowledge of how to operate a camera. He was also the only one who responded. 

    The next issue that arose was a lack of organization. Unfortunately I had to change location because my aunt was remodeling her house, so we worked in mine. There was also the issue that Mateo did not have the app needed to operate the stabilizer, so some time was used just downloading it. Finally, they could only film for a few hours because they had to go somewhere else. 

    In the end, we were able to film a few parts (about 15 seconds) but took most of our time today discussing other things. For example, Sergio has about three years experience with guitar and was able to teach me a few techniques that will come in useful for polishing my rendition of Zero Two's theme. I also taught Mateo some of the more advanced techniques that can be used with the help of the stabilizer.

    Overall, we did not get too much of the film recorded, however we made great progress in several other aspects of the projects. I believe we did well despite having so much happen on such a short notice, which does remind me that I forgot to mention clothing. Sergio had fitting clothing for his role and my doctor's outfit came together pretty well. 


Me wearing my doctor's outfit

    It's not the most comfortable outfit, put comfort is not the main goal of the project. Unfortunately, I was not able to take a picture of Sergio's outfit.

    We begin filming the flashbacks tomorrow, so expect to see a blog post on that in the near future. Farewell, thank you for reading, and make sure to continue reading, because this is where the filming starts to get good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

      Hello for the final time! Here are the creative critical reflection submissions, as well as the scripts for both of them. CCR1 Script:...