Sunday, March 19, 2023

Casting

    Hello, and welcome to today's blog post regarding the casting of the characters in my production. I've squared up dates with my friends and have finally settled upon who will join me in creating this movie introduction. 

    There are three main roles that have to be played. Two of them are roles as the characters of the movie and the last one is the cameraman.

    To begin with, I'll get my role out of the way. I will be playing the doctor within the film. This is for a plethora of reasons. First, I own the outfit the doctor wears and am able to wear it to the production. Furthermore, I know hot most of the mice-en-scene elements are used, so if one of them is used in the final project I know how to operate it and make it look believable in the film. Moreover, he has less screen time than the protagonist. I can act somewhat decently, but I would most likely not be able to portray the feelings of the protagonist too well. I feel that me being the protagonist would be detrimental to the film, and the role should be left to somewhat else who can do justice to the character.

    This leads into the next actor. The person who will play the role of the protagonist is my friend Dillon Dreyfus, who currently goes to Western. He has taken several acting classes, as well as film production classes. He also creates some short films in his spare time, which have come out pretty well when considering that he has an extremely low budget. I know he's able to bring life to the character, and he looks somewhat like how I imagined my character. I can also supply him with a black jacket if he needs it, but he most likely owns most of the clothing worn by the character.


    Finally, I have chosen Sergio Hernandez, who goes to my school, to be the cameraman for my film. Honestly, he does not have too much experience with film-making, however I did work on a short film project with him in 6th grade that came out decent. He will probably learn how to operate the stabilizer quickly. Also he was one of the only ones not on vacation, which did play a large role in me selecting him. 

    So that's my cast for this project. I do have some back-up friends who can fill in if they don't make it, so I'm not worried if something happens and they can't come. Sergio and Dillon are good at being responsible, so I know we won't be wasting much time when it comes to filming. I especially have faith in Dillon after viewing his past short films. Filming starts really soon and I'm excited to see how it goes. 

    Thank you for reading and I'll see you all next time! Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

      Hello for the final time! Here are the creative critical reflection submissions, as well as the scripts for both of them. CCR1 Script:...