Saturday, March 18, 2023

Equipment

     Hello, and welcome to today's blog post regarding the equipment that will be used in the film. (This is not to be confused with mice-en-scene equipment, which is usually not used to create a film.) I decided to blog about this due to the rapidly approaching film date, which is next week.

    Initially, I believed that there would be a large amount of tools needed to film, however as I was ruling out options I was able to limit it to two things, as most of the other goals can be achieved without special equipment. These tools are my iPhone and the DJI Osmo Handheld Stabilizer.

    The most important filming tool is my iPhone, an iPhone 11 pro. Due to me not owning a camera, it's my best option. It also has great quality and a variety of features to toy with, so I'm not worried about the video being choppy. It also makes it simple to transfer the videos to my computer to edit, as I could just email myself the files and import them to my editing software.  I'm not completely knowledgeable with traditional cameras either, so I feel that the product might not end up the best it could be if I used a camera rather than my phone. On top of this, I have a backup plan in case the quality is not good enough, as I could use my Mom's phone, an iPhone 12, which has fantastic video quality.

Image of the iPhone 11 Pro

    The other important piece of filming equipment is the DJI Osmo Handheld Stabilizer. Due to the phone being my main way of recording, this stabilizer is necessary to make sure my camera is not too wobbly. Although appearing to be a normal stabilizer, it has many features that work together with the phone for a great product. If you install a certain application on your phone ,you can control everything from the stabilizer alone. This means you never have to lay a finger on the phone. With so much control over the camera, I'm able to create some unique shots while the camera still retains stability.
Image of the DJI Osmo Handheld Stabilizer
    
    Filming starts in only two days, so having these tools prepared is crucial. My phone is not an issue, but I made sure that the stabilizer is charging and at the ready for when I film. I've only used it once before and came up with several unique movements, so I'm excited to see the other ways I can play with different shots and angles. Farewell, and thank you for reading! I hope to see you all in tomorrow's blog post!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

      Hello for the final time! Here are the creative critical reflection submissions, as well as the scripts for both of them. CCR1 Script:...