Thursday, February 16, 2023

Research Beginnings

     Okay, today is the day I truly start my project. To begin with, I believe I am finally ready to announce my genre: drama. I'm choosing this genre because it is the most fitting with my current story, which I will elaborate more on in tomorrow's post.

    Today, I want to look over a surface level review of my movie introduction's genre.

    According to the author of this website, "Drama film is a genre that relies on the emotional and relational development of realistic characters. While Drama film relies heavily on this kind of development, dramatic themes play a large role in the plot as well. Often, these dramatic themes are taken from intense, real life issues." 

    After looking through several genres, I discovered that my story seemed to fit perfectly into the drama genre, as it deals with a real issue that many struggle with every day. The plot focuses on one character who goes through a massive amount of character growth after being told of a certain issue. If this isn't one of the genre's main themes, then I'm not sure what it is. 

    Some examples of drama movies include: 

The Godfather (1972)



Logan (2017)



Blade Runner (1982)


    With movies like these serving as inspiration, I have a general idea of how I want to create my introduction, although I would like to incorporate a far more serious tone than these three movies. Due to the topic being personal to me, I know exactly what was going through my head in the situation, and already have a somewhat solid idea of what direction I want to go with the music. Furthermore, I plan to have the start of a storyboard by tomorrow, as said earlier within this post.

    Honestly, I mainly wanted this project to be well done for a good grade and to have a sense of accomplishment. Now however, something awoke within me. I WILL make this project worthwhile, and I believe the main reason for this is the story. What I plan to do involves a dark time within my life, but I plan to do it justice, as I feel that it will help me move on. I'm sorry to leave on that note, but I hope you all continue reading and join me on this now personal journey. 



    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

      Hello for the final time! Here are the creative critical reflection submissions, as well as the scripts for both of them. CCR1 Script:...