Sunday, February 12, 2023

The New Challenge

    Hello, and welcome to my first post regarding what I believe to be greatest challenge yet. I need to somehow create a two-minute introduction to a movie. I will be working alone, which does make the project seem like an overwhelming amount of work. Despite this, I enjoy working alone because it allows me to have more creative liberties when coming up when the storyboard. 

    Using this opportunity, I want to try making the story of the introduction be on a  topic personal to me. I currently have no ideas set in stone, but I am leaning towards making this a drama. If the idea ends up being too sensitive though, I will probably make something like a comedy or action movie instead. I also have an idea for the music if it is a genre, but it would require permission and I don't know if I want to go through the entire process of getting it. 

    Despite all of these thoughts, there is still an impending sense of dread in the back of my head. The due date of April 4th. 

    To be quite frank, I am a major procrastinator, and have somehow been able to maintain a decent grade despite that habit. I plan to stop that with this project. This is partially because I don't want to fail, but for the most part it's because I truly want this introduction to be something I can look back at in the future and think, "This actually turned out pretty good." 

    Currently, I have two main plans for next week. First, I will likely create a schedule for my project, making sure everything has a set date. For example, I might have the storyboard be finished by the third week. Second, I will make sure to have the genre picked by next week, with no exceptions. 

    Besides all the stress that comes with the project, I'm sure I will have fun. I might get my friends to proof read the story of the introduction, or even have some roles within the film itself.

    I urge everyone to stay and watch this story unfold, as I believe I am able to make my film a worthwhile endeavor that will help me not only earn a good grade, but teach me about time management and improve my filming techniques. Farewell, and I'll see you all next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

      Hello for the final time! Here are the creative critical reflection submissions, as well as the scripts for both of them. CCR1 Script:...