Friday, February 17, 2023

The Story Concept

    Hello, today I am going to go over the story concept I have for the movie introduction. The only disclaimer is that due to personal events I was not able to get the storyboard started yet, but most of it should be produced before the end of next week. I do have the general idea of the story though, and I will state what I know right here.
    
    The story would start with a man in a chair, looking as if he's contemplating something. There would be a heartbeat in the background, as well as music. There would be many flashbacks with his family, eventually turning into flashbacks of tests in the hospital. The heartbeat would grow faster, as well as the amount of flashbacks. By the end it's going extremely fast and you see the man in the chair start showing signs of a panic attack until one final flashback plays. A doctor steps out of a room and talks about how he ran some tests. He then tells the man that he's sorry, and the man has cancer. At that point, the music and heartbeat would go silent, with the only thing being heard is the heavy breathing of the man in the chair. 

    I assume that the two minute mark would end at about there.

    As said in the previous post, the story of the film is personal to me, and I would like to try to do it as much justice as possible, as many people don't know how much the three simple words of "you have cancer" can affect someone's entire mindset. Due to how important the tone is to a situation like this, I believe that the music needs to be a perfect fit for the situation to work. With this in mind, I have limited my song choices to only a few songs, but it would be better to discuss music in a future post.

    Another thing I have to prepare for with this genre is mise-en-scene. Luckily, my parents own a decent amount of medical instruments that could be used as props. The biggest issue would be a location, but if I look around enough, I will likely find a place that could could be used to look like a doctor's office. I also have to take clothing into consideration. This website contains some of the clothing that doctors where. Fortunately, I own similar clothing but it is still unknown who will play what role in the video.



Some clothing worn by doctors


    I should have more information on the story before the end of next week, so I believe that for the next post, you can look forward to reading about issues/obstacles and decisions when it comes to the incorporation of certain music in the movie introduction. Farewell, and make sure to stay tuned for more information on this journey to make a fantastic movie introduction.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

      Hello for the final time! Here are the creative critical reflection submissions, as well as the scripts for both of them. CCR1 Script:...