Friday, March 31, 2023

Progress Update: Music, Editing, and the Creative Critical Reflection


Music:

    Honestly, I'm not too proud of the way my cover of Zero-Two's theme came out. I was able to play it without any errors, but it goes too slow, even when given the context of the film. I might end up just asking my friend with three years of guitar experience if he could cover it, as it would most likely be able to convey more emotion if it was played better. There's not much else to say about the music department.

Editing:    

    Yesterday, I began editing the project with one of my friends, Alex, who has a decent amount of experience with editing videos. It is currently going well, however I'm still trying to figure out the situation with sounds. I had the idea with the heartbeat slowly getting faster and faster, but I also have the idea of the music in the background, as well as the random talk in the background to show that this is a hospital. I'm worried that it might be too cluttered. On the other hand, it could work in my favor because of the anxiety feeling that I'm trying to produce. I'll try with and without some of the sounds and see what works out the best. Besides that, there have been no large issues with editing, which gives me a breather after the mess that was filming. There's only a few finishing touches left, so I'll be done today.



Creative Critical Reflection:

    Above all, my goal is to finish editing quick, so that I can begin producing the CCR. It takes up a large portion of my grade, so I need to make sure I complete it and do it well. I plan to begin tomorrow, and have already thought of how the two videos will be presented. The first one will be me answering the questions, having it switch between the facecam and information that will be shown on screen. This would be for the more technical questions that require sources and data that I can backup. The second one will likely be in the form of an interview or possibly a podcast, however it has to be something interactive compared to the first video, which would mainly be informational.


    Tomorrow I will finish one of the CCRs, and I'll do the second one on Sunday. It would give me adequate time to complete and edit both of them. Make sure to come back tomorrow for how the CCR will be done, as well as the script to it. Once again, thank you for reading and farewell!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

      Hello for the final time! Here are the creative critical reflection submissions, as well as the scripts for both of them. CCR1 Script:...