Sunday, February 19, 2023

The Target Audience.

     Hello! Today's post will be regarding the target audience in relation to the concept of the story. I still need to work out some details within the story, but with what I currently have, I believe that I have found the most fitting target audience.

    The story of the movie focuses on the character development of a man after finding out that he has cancer. This is a very touchy subject, and is meant to leave a large emotional impact on the audience. Alongside this, if the man is portrayed incorrectly, the entire movie will fall apart, failing not only in sales, but also in leaving that emotional impact that I strive to create.

    Now, the goal is to eliminate the age groups that won't be targeted. Obviously, the maturity of the film would immediately eliminate children as a target audience. Although maybe a stretch, I believe that teenagers could be eliminated as well, as they might not completely understand the emotions that go through someone's head when they or someone they love is diagnosed with cancer. 

    This leaves adults as the main target audience. Further information was shown in this website, however it may be outdated. I placed the link here just in case any of you want to see it, but I will not be referencing it here. All in all, I believe that adults are the best target audience for this movie, because they are old enough to understand the fragility of life, thus being empathetic towards the scenario. 

    This was another short post, but finding the correct age group for the target audience was very straightforward, especially when considering the tone and main theme of the movie. Farewell, and I hope you look forward to next week's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

      Hello for the final time! Here are the creative critical reflection submissions, as well as the scripts for both of them. CCR1 Script:...